COVERSA provides 24-hour on call service to sexual assault patients ages 14 and older. COVERSA refers patients under age 14 to Children’s Mercy Hospital for post assault care.
Additional services include:
- Forensic evidence in sexual assault cases and expert witness testimony when requested
- Train and educate sexual assault nurse examiners (SANES) enabling 24-hour on-call service
- Collaborate with hospitals to provide a safe, secure, private room for sexual assault examinations
- Train the hospital staff on the intricacies of dealing with a sexual assault patient
- Credential SANE staff with respective hospital
- Collaborate with law enforcement and first responders to spread awareness about the program, explain what a forensic nurse does, as well as educate them on everything from how to interact with sexual assault victims, confidentiality protocols, what victims endure during the forensic exam, medical terminology, etc.
- Collaborate with sexual assault advocates and provide a continuum of care and support for victims
- Extend outreach and education to the community at-large to expand awareness about sexual violence and preventative measures
For additional information, contact us at 816.221.2187.
COVERSA Sexual Assault Outreach Center Locations
- Belton Regional Medical Center, Belton, Mo.
- Cass Regional Medical Center, Harrisonville, Mo.
- Centerpoint Medical Center, Independence, Mo.
- Excelsior Springs Hospital, Excelsior Springs, Mo.
- Lafayette Regional Health Center, Lexington, Mo.
- Lee’s Summit Medical Center, Lee’s Summit, Mo.
- Liberty Hospital, Liberty, Mo.
- North Kansas City Hospital, North Kansas City, Mo.
- Olathe Medical Center, Olathe, Kan.
- Overland Park Regional Medical Center, Overland Park, Kan.
- Ray County Memorial Hospital, Richmond, Mo.
- Research Medical Center, Kansas City, Mo.
- St. Joseph Medical Center, Kansas City, Mo.
- Western Missouri Medical Center, Warrensburg, Mo
- Research Brookside, Kansas City, Mo.
Additional Information and Resources
24/7 Access CareLine at 1.855.717.1136.
Missouri Hotline: 1.800.392.3738
Kansas Hotline: 1.800.922.5330
Metro 24-hour Hotline: 816.HOTLINE
Kansas City Anti-Violence Project’s Hotline: 816.561.0550
Sexual Assault Advocates
Hope Haven of Cass County
Crisis Hotline: 816.380.4663
House of Hope
Crisis Hotline: 660.259.4766
Crisis Hotline: 816.531.0233 or 913.642.0233