DONATE TO COVERSA
Help us provide compassion and care for sexual assault victims. Donate today.
- Every 73 seconds another American is sexually assaulted.1
- 1 out of every 6 American women has been the victim of an attempted or completed rape in her lifetime (14.8% completed, 2.8% attempted).4
- About 3% of American men—or 1 in 33—have experienced an attempted or completed rape in their lifetime.4
- From 2009-2013, Child Protective Services agencies substantiated, or found strong evidence to indicate that 63,000 children a year were victims of sexual abuse.5
- The majority of child victims are 12-17. Of victims under the age of 18: 34% of victims of sexual assault and rape are under age 12, and 66% of victims of sexual assault and rape are age 12-17.6
With your support, we can help restore dignity to victims of sexual assault by collecting forensic evidence, expanding awareness about sexual assault and pairing victims with a continuum of care to support their recovery. For additional information, contact us at 816.221.2187.
COVERSA gladly accepts support with in-kind donations as well. Contact us at COVERSA@coversa.org.
Statistics. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.rainn.org/statistics.
1. Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Bureau of Justice Statistics, National Crime Victimization Survey, 2018 (2019). Note: RAINN applies a 5-year rolling average to adjust for changes in the year-to-year NCVS survey data.
4. National Institute of Justice & Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, Prevalence, Incidence and Consequences of Violence Against Women Survey (1998).
5. United States Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families, Administration on Children, Youth and Families, Children’s Bureau. Child Maltreatment Survey, 2012 (2013).
6. Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Bureau of Justice Statistics, Sex Offenses and Offenders (1997).